Check out the awesome new lighting and rendering overhaul we just added to Pre-Release! This change is step one to upgrade CHKN’s graphics and look & feel. We’re still tweaking so please let us know your feedback, We think it looks pretty dang snazzy already so we wanted to share it with you first! (Click the screenshots below to see larger versions.)
Here are the technical details, if you’re into that sort of thing:
- Upgraded Visuals (Lighting, Colors, Rendering and Effects):
- Switched lighting from gamma to linear model to produce much more accurate and realistic lighting
- Switched from LDR to HDR rendering to produce more accurate colors and better shader effects
- Upgraded skybox to a new dynamic system for better day/night cycle lighting, atmospheric scattering, advanced fog, and dynamic animated clouds
- Added new post processing effects to tie it all together (color grading, motion blur, ambient occlusion, bloom, screen space reflection)
We’ve also got new environment art, some updated creatures, and a whole new Adventure starting experience in the works, all coming soon in the next update.
For now, there’s lots of work left to do so we’ll get back to it.
– Team CHKN