This update gives a performance boost to min spec computers. If you’ve had “lag” or framerate issues in the past, please try out this build and join us over on Discord to let us know how it works for you!
We also added a variety of new Life Block sizes so you can build even more interesting creatures. Save them to the Workshop and share them with us – we want to see!
- Optimized FPS and UI rendering to improve FPS by 10-20 depending on hardware
- Reduced world streaming hitching by spreading updates over several frames
- Brought in low poly versions of trees for improved low end device performance
- World generation time greatly reduced
- Reduced initial load time
New Creature Life Block Sizes
- Additional Life Block body sizes added: Small, Medium, Large, XLarge, XXLarge, and all their half sizes are now available for all animal types to give you more variety and build options.
Perfect sizes for additional extremities or a lovely armored hat.
Balancing & Bug Fixing
- Creature/Temple world generation has been tuned. If you haven’t checked out the new larger world, now’s a good time! It’s procedurally generated and player-created creatures can spawn in the wild. You never know what you’ll run into.
The enemy of my enemy is… still my enemy.
- Tuned crafted player items for progression balance
- Additional pre-built, player-created creatures added to the game
Like these Octopalms created by Cohollow. Majestic! And quite fashionable actually.
- Fixed infinite loading screen after player death
- Fixed the creature collection filling up with white squares when the creature’s data cannot be read from disk
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to become invisible and make the game unstable
- Fixed dragging to move or remove blocks in the creature builder
- Fixed bug that occasionally caused the player avatar to render without a head or arms after death
- Fixed odd rotations while swimming
- Fixed Lifeshaper upgrade failing to unlock after defeating a Temple Boss
Just defeat the boss and the upgrade is yours! Easy, right?
- Fixed creature block neck shifting while building
- Fixed bad data on the Unicorn Horn that was preventing it from being used in building
- Fixed game hanging when quitting to desktop
- Fixed bad culling settings on world geometry that caused it to disappear
- Fixed throwing direction when chase cam is active
- Fixed creatures in party not defending the player if the creatures were issued a follow command
- Fixed tranquilizer darts not putting creatures to sleep
- Fixed distance check to mount when attempting to ride creature
Many thanks to the CHKNeers on Discord. They’ve been helping us find and fix bugs in our Pre-Release test updates and it’s a big help!
It’s also a great place to show off your creations! Here’s the newest version of an old favorite, Destroyer 3.0 by squidking.
So join the CHKN Discord if you want to help us test new builds before they’re released, find new friends for multiplayer, get creature ideas, or share your CHKN suggestions. Also, someone Photoshopped chicken wings onto their real dog. That happened.
See you there!
– Team CHKN
Leave A Comment