Based in New York City, USA
April 1st, 2016
Steam Early Access (PC/Mac/Linux)
Behold, the miracle of life... packed into cubes! Create fantastic creatures in an open-world sandbox game like no other. Explore, craft, and survive -- all with the help of your very own creations. CHKN is currently available in Early Access on Steam.
- Demo released in October 2015
- Greenlit by the Community on Steam on October 30th, 2015 (in the Top 5 of that round!)
- Opened Adventure Mode to Beta Testers on January 13th, 2016
- Officially launched on Steam Early Access on April 1st, 2016 (not an April Fool's joke!)
- *Currently in development*: new creatures, features, and content updated regularly as we continue on our way to v1.0
- CREATE LIFE, BLOCK BY BLOCK: Bring living, breathing creatures to life in any size, shape, or combination you can imagine, with genuine personalities and feelings that respond to your actions and the world around them.
- GIVE YOUR CREATURES UNIQUE TRAITS AND ABILITIES: Life blocks have different stats and abilities built into them. Some are strong, some are fast, some shoot blinding ink, some poison enemies... they can all be used to your advantage to make creatures more effective.
- WORK WITH YOUR CREATURES TO SCAVENGE, CRAFT, AND BUILD: Your creatures will help you gather resources in order to craft a wide array of tools, items, and structures. The better resources you find, the better the things you can craft!
- FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL AS YOU EXPLORE A MYSTERIOUS ISLAND: Work together with your creature companions to survive the many dangers of CHKN, avoid starvation, and defend your thriving homestead.
- GET CREATIVE: If the risk and survival of Adventure Mode aren't your thing, you can spend your time in Creative Mode with an unlimited supply of every life block and resource at your fingertips. Create whatever you like with no restrictions.
First Look at the New CHKN YouTube
Content Creator Mix YouTube
Find more videos on our YouTube channel.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Voted top 100 for Indie Game of the Year 2015" IndieDB
- "Developer story winner for 'The Art of CHKN'" Made with Unity
- "Voted top 100 for Indie Game of the Year 2016" IndieDB
- "2017 Gamer's Voice Awards Nominee" SXSW
- "IndieCade Showcase @ E3 Selection, 2017" IndieCade
- "IndieCade Showcase @ E3 Selection, 2018" IndieCade
- "This game is pure art. I love it... I had so much fun checking it out."
- Felix Kjellberg, PewDiePie: My Weird Creations
- "This is a really cool, still in development, sandbox game... super fun."
- Dan, Dan TDM: CHKN | LET'S MAKE SOME MONSTERS!!
- "We love this game! We love this game very much."
- Sean and Abigail, Adult Swim's Lunchtime Games
- "The game was fun already, just making weird creatures, but now I can go around collecting resources and make my own creatures. [...] This game is awesome now. I can't wait to play more of it."
- Sean McLoughlin, jacksepticeye: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST | CHKN #4
- "CHKN's focus on giving value and life to your creations outside of the simple joy of building may be the first big step in the genre since Minecraft."
- Jarrett Green, Curse Gamepedia: How CHKN is Reinventing the Sandbox Survival Genre
- "I actually really like the idea... a world populated by tame-able creatures."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku: CHKN Is A Survival Game Where You Build Monstrosities
- "The Art of CHKN"
- Developer Story, Made with Unity
Katapult. allows for the contents of CHKN to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from CHKN is legally & explicitly allowed by Katapult.. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.chkngame.com/press/sheet.php?p=chkn.
We make products for today's creative generation.
More information on Katapult., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Developer/Producer for CHKN